Flexible – in any reasonably accessible venue for students (hall, theatre, sports stadium) OR at our venue IN FRENCH with English surtitles AND in ENGLISH – Suitable for Years 4 to 6 primary (if comprehension level for French or English in the surtitles – is sufficient) and Years 7 to 10 secondary levels with English surtitles
FORM – PERFORMANCE ONLY
MFT actors cover the 12 roles and perform a rehearsed reading in FRENCH with ENGLISH surtitles. There are 21 short acts.
Season availability: NOW
– with notice TERMS 1, 2, 3 and 4
Duration 70-80 minutes*
* approximate time only – we can shorten
A pilot (the narrator) crashes his plane in the middle of the desert a thousand miles from anywhere.
Thinking he’s all alone and with limited water supplies, he starts to attempt to fix his plane. But a young boy suddenly appears one morning as if it was the most natural thing in the world. He demands that the pilot draw him a sheep.
Slowing, through the following days, the pilot, hearing the little prince’s story, rediscovers some truths about the truly important things in life.
The little prince comes from another planet, a very small planet. He leaves due to troubles getting on with his rose and decides to travel to learn about life.
During his journey he visits six planets and meets their inhabitants: a must see experience for students …
SUITABLE for Grade 3 to Year 12
[designed flexibly and adapts easily to all school environments]
What we provide
- Teachers’ pack [full kit and technical plan] upon paid booking
- transport of our team to your school [if incursion]
- the costumes and accessories
- 4 Actors from MFT
- 1-2 members MFT Production + Surtitles Crew
What we ask the School to organise [incursion]:
- Venue for show + dressing/preparation area [send us photos]
- Student attendance/management
- Payment in advance
- If an overnight stay is required (regional schools), we do ask for the school to provide meals and accommodation for our team
- General good lighting and lapel microphones if needed [depends on venue acoustics]
- Some refreshment (light meal / drinks) for the team [incursion only]
- Some school furniture – 2 chairs or stools
- video projector + screen for English surtitles and pictures
- parking on site for 3 cars
Minimum student numbers per session/booking/performance :
1. in your school : 100 (no maximum) [payment must be for 100 students even if less] OR
2. in our venue : 50 maximum [payment must be for 50 students even if less]
COST, TERMS + CONDITIONS
Costings are during the week – weekend rates – to be advised.
Incursion pricing per student from 1 July 2022:
- $20 (metropolitan schools)
- $25 (country schools outside the Melbourne Metropolitan area)
- Teachers / school staff: free
Excursion pricing to our venue :
- $22 per student
- Teachers / school staff: free
- School Booking fees [separate to the above charges and per performance] are $50
- Extra full show performances [per student rate covers 1 or more shows if student numbers are split in separate performances] on the same day in addition to one, for each = $300
AFTV – enquire with AFTV if your school is a member for a subsidy
The Victorian Multicultural Commission offers funding for schools under Multicultural Festivals and Events or for Cultural Diversity Week events
See Pricing Policy
Send us your Expression of interest
Don’t Miss out – dates fill fast!
When confirmed a tax invoice and materials will be issued to your school.
A full kit + technical / performance requirements sheet is available upon request
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS