CURRENT MAY FULL SHOW PRICING [in white] + [in brackets in blue] SEPTEMBER SHOW LA MAISON DE MAITRE [La MdM] PRICINGTICKETS INCLUDE WINE, BEER OR NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE + FOOD – ONLY $5 extra! [No gala in SEPTEMBER] :
Full Price $32.00 [$37.00]
Concessions * [see below] $28.00 [$33.00]
MFT CURRENT Members $24.00 [$29.00]
FULL TIME Students $15.00 [$20.00]
GALA Fri night SURCHARGE at $12.00 [no gala]
+ ONLINE BOOKING PER TICKET FEE (compulsory) $ 3.00 [May + September shows]
– to cover credit card, bank, staff and handling costs – SCHOOL + GROUP concessions see below
* pensioners, seniors, unemployed, Alliance Française, UFE, FACCI, AFAS, AFTV, MEAA, Groupe Romand [Swiss], l’Ecole Française de Melbourne, French Journey, Cassis, Melbourne Accueil and French Australian Lawyers Society.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By purchasing on or offline by any means you, the purchaser or patron personally or on behalf of any other person (collectively called “the Purchaser”) agree with Melbourne French Theatre Inc. (“MFT”) and consent to the pricing policy on this page – terms and conditions of sale with respect to all purchases from this site or otherwise and without limiting the generality, all Show Tickets, Restaurant Evenings and Merchandise Pricing and Articles (collectively called “the Item/s”) on which basis MFT sells to the Purchaser:
1. MFT is entitled to legally assume that the Purchaser is the rightful cardholder for payment and rely upon such assumption. The Purchaser assumes all legal liability accordingly.
2. There is no refund whatsoever on the Items, unless cancelled/withdrawn by MFT or out of stock, as the case may be. Cheques are no longer accepted for bookings. Payments must be in cash, online or by credit card or deposit only. ONLY IF MFT allows in its sole discretion a refund – a $10 fee is charged per ticket.
Booking fee + charges
3. A purchase or booking fee applies to all online and credit card payments even if made at the box office. An additional purchase or booking fee applies to each and every further online payment or order for the same or different Items. This fee covers credit card and all administrative and staff charges. There are no cancellations or transfers to a later event or performance whatsoever and care must be taken when completing all online payment forms. Without obligation and dependent on seat availability, MFT, at its sole discretion and if the requested seats are available, MAY allow a transfer and charge a transfer fee [minimum $10 per ticket] to the new transfer date/performance. All payments can only be made by cash or credit card or direct deposit to the MFT bank account.
4. Bookings for shows/events/merchandise and restaurant evenings are only confirmed when paid in full with booking fee. There are no tentative bookings, as bookings and purchases are dealt with on a ‘first come first served and paid’ basis only.
5. Postage and handling charges apply for Merchandise Items, payable by the Purchaser in advance.
6. There is no credit or refund or transfers (subject to clause 3). for show tickets or restaurant evenings for any reason whatsoever. Show and Restaurant evening tickets are forfeited, irrespective of attendance.
7. Schools – due to problems encountered with late payments and amounts paid, schools agree to only pay by credit card or direct deposit to the MFT bank account to secure bookings by the date shown on the invoice or notice, whichever is the earlier.
Group concessions of approximately 10 % on each student ticket price for groups of 40 or more students (no other concessions) are subject to request and claim and payment in full with booking fee (advertised on the Schools Booking page) for the entire group in advance and the booking must be under the school name and the teacher making the booking must collect tickets, if not posted to that teacher, under the school’s name only at the door; special teachers’ offer – 1 free teacher per group of 10 students (for example for 40 students (4 free teachers); additional teachers to this ratio must pay a special concession ticket price as for members of Alliance Française etc. – see Pricing List). School bookings incur a booking fee to be advised on the invoice which issues.
If a school has made a booking and receives an invoice and then changes the booking an additional $50 booking amendment fee applies for each time an invoiced booking is changed by the school, which it agrees to pay.
If a school has made a booking and receives an invoice and cancels in part or in whole MFT is entitled to charge a 50% cancellation fee, which it agrees to pay.
Schools acknowledge that such changes equate to loss of other school bookings where reservations had to be refused by MFT due to the first booking.
8. Non-school group and other concessions – 10 % concession for groups of 10 or more on all ticket prices [including leader], subject to payment in full with booking fee for the entire group in advance and the booking must be under one name and members of the group must collect tickets, if not posted to the booking person, under the booking person’s name only at the door. Separate payments are not accepted by individual group members; special organisers’ offer – 1 free leader per group of 10 members (for example for 40 members (4 free tickets). Change of booking date for Groups incurs a $50 fee.
9. Concession ticket prices and categories – by claiming a concession price on the online form, the Purchaser agrees that the concession is properly claimed and will provide either a copy of the concession claim card OR the ORIGINAL concession claim card at the box office; failure to produce the card or improper claim means the ticket price will be adjusted and payable to the full price, without exception and no further claim for concession on the ticket/s can be made for the particular show and season.
10. Groups and concessions generally – MFT is not obliged to offer or suggest any group or ticket concession terms and conditions. The Purchaser on his or her sole initiative makes the claim, upon provision of proof and payment. MFT is at liberty to determine if the concession applies or not and with whom the final decision remains without appeal.
11. Non-attendance at an event or performance or cancellation, even though by mistaken booking, will constitute forfeiture of ticket, on the basis that MFT has presented the event or performance and fulfilled its contractual obligation and there is no right to any refund.
Conditions subject to change
12. These conditions are subject to change by amendment on the website and it is the Purchaser’s responsibility to check them from time to time.
MFT events are private
13. MFT events are private and retains the right to refuse entry and refund ticket prices. All performances are the copyright property of MFT, subject to any author’s copyright and will be strictly enforced at law. Photography, filming or recording of any kind and cameras of any kind – are not allowed in and mobile phones, pagers, laptop and all other electronic devices must be switched off during performances.
14. The Purchaser assumes all risks with respect to online payments on this site, including but not limited to credit card fraud and agrees not to make any claim against MFT with respect to internet security breaches arising out of online payments or credit card fraud. The Purchaser agrees to keep MFT indemnified against any actions and suits of any nature whatsoever arising from online security breaches or credit card fraud for credit card payments online.
15. The policy of MFT is not to refund any payments or fees for events or performances presented whatsoever. Customer service contact information is The Secretary, Melbourne French Theatre Inc, 213 Canning Street, Carlton Melbourne Victoria 3053 Australia [Telephone (03) 9349 2250, Fax (03) 9347 1741 Email: email@example.com ]. The transaction country is Australia and the currency is Australian dollars only. Delivery is by Australia Post unless an alternative means is agreed between the Purchaser and MFT. Australia Post and alternative forwarding methods are at the sole expense of the Purchaser. Transport and delivery are at the sole risk of the Purchaser who indemnifies MFT for same.
16. Online and other bookings are subject to advertised ticket and gala surcharge [currently $12 for the gala evening on the last Friday of the May season] irrespective of any technical issue, representation or omission in the online or manual booking system. Any amounts undercharged shall be paid by the Purchaser to MFT at the direction of MFT and any amounts overcharged shall be repaid by MFT to the Purchaser in a manner proposed by MFT at its discretion. The Purchaser shall comply with MFT requests under this clause.
Law of Contract
17. All transactions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law from time to time in force in the State of Victoria, Australia and the Purchaser submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
IMPORTANT – By clicking the Submit button for an order you accept the above terms and conditions.