MFT comes to your school OR
Your school comes to MFT
Performance in French OR English of rehearsed, costumed and moved readings of sketches and for students of French OR Drama
Flexible – can be presented as 2, 3 or 4 sketches and in any reasonably accessible venue for students (hall, theatre, sports stadium) OR at our venue
1. IN FRENCH with English surtitles – Suitable for primary (if comprehension level for French or English in the surtitles – is sufficient) and all secondary levels with English surtitles OR
2. IN ENGLISH – All levels
i FORM – PERFORMANCE ONLY
MFT actors present the scenes and then perform them. Afterwards an interactive Q + A or minor workshop lead by the actors can take place time permitting.
ii FORM – WORKSHOP
It takes the form of a workshop/competition and uses a cross-curricular approach (Drama & French) to engage students in a collaborative learning experience. It is also designed to be an inexpensive and flexible incursion that can be adapted to the time available and abilities of different classes. The workshops are led by experienced French-speaking animateur [including actors] in subgroups of 15 or less and allows students of French to reflect on their language use through an expressive performance in French.
In groups lead by an animateur, the students are seed coached, with a teacher pre-selected cast where a cast list for each subgroup is sent to MFT before the day – for the 9 character roles. Then the ‘cast’ for that group is directed in the rehearsed reading of the text. After the groups reunite and all casts from each group perform the piece before all the other students. A panel adjudicates the best performances [based on language, projection, acting and overall interpretation] and give a small MFT souvenir to the best students in each of the 9 roles.
Maximum number of workshops at any one school in 1 day is 2.
Season availability: NOW!
– with notice TERMS 1, 2, 3 and 4 and beyond [the show has been running since 2010]
MFT presents the following short sketches by Georges Courteline – in modern/contemporary adaptation especially for students – your choice of sketches :
2 [30 mins] OR 3 [45 mins] OR 4 [65 mins]*
* approximate times only plus change of scene times
of the following:
- Monsieur Badin – Mr Badin : a public servant who never shows up for work!
- L’Extra-Lucide – the Super Clairvoyant : a sleepwalking fortune teller with a 6th sense!
- Une lettre chargée – A Registered Letter : a letter is trapped by a post office official
- Avant et Après – Before and After : a picnic goes wrong between Marthe and René
For up to 5 of your best students, you can opt for them to read/perform the Ovide 1 page role after the performance.
Choose from 4 comic French situations for your students:
- a public service office
- a post office
- a fortune teller’s boudoir
- a picnic outdoors
What we provide
- Resumes [free on your first enquiry]
- Teachers’ pack [full kit and technical plan] upon paid booking
- transport of our team to your school [if incursion]
- the costumes and accessories
- 3 Actors from MFT
- 1-2 members MFT Production + Surtitles Crew
What we ask the School to organise [incursion]:
- Venue for show + dressing/preparation area
- Student attendance/management
- Payment in advance
- If an overnight stay is required (regional schools), we do ask for the school to provide meals and accommodation for our team
- A large white or similar backdrop on stage
- Minimal lighting and lapel microphones if needed and surtitles equipment
- Some refreshment (light meal / drinks) for the team [incursion only]
- Some school furniture
- laptop, projector + screen for English surtitles and pictures
Costings are during the week – weekend rates – to be advised.
Incursion pricing per student:
- $11 (metropolitan schools)
- $16 (country schools)
- Teachers / school staff: free
- Teachers / school staff: free
School Booking fee : $20
enquire with AFTV if your school is a member for a subsidy click here
Minimum student numbers per session/booking/performance :
1. in your school : 100 (no maximum) or
2. in our venue : 50 maximum [or payment for 50 students 50 x $13 = $650, even if less] + a venue fee to be advised
COST, TERMS + CONDITIONS
Base starting cost is above – MFT will have to quote as required and upon request.
- School Booking fees [separate to the above charges and per workshop/session] are $20
- Extra full show performances on the same day in addition to one, for each = $200
- Invoices issue
- AFTV – enquire with AFTV if your school is a member for a subsidy click here
- The Victorian Multicultural Commission offers funding for schools under Multicultural Festivals and Events or for Cultural Diversity Week events
- Teachers and school staff free
- the school agrees to provide light refreshments [food and drink]
Our Pricing Policy and other terms and conditions apply as follows and other may be advised –
- By making a booking – payment is required in full and your school agrees to abide by our terms and conditions and pricing policy [for school tours and in general] which is on our website at Pricing Policy, except as may be varied in the invoice
- Direct deposit or credit card payments only are accepted. Cheques are no longer accepted.
- There is a $20 booking fee
- No booking is confirmed until receipt of cleared funds in payment
- Schools which pay first receive priority for confirmed bookings
- The school acknowledges that all MFT personnel when attending on school premises are covered by the usual guests and visitors insurances
- The school agrees to provide sandwiches and refreshments to MFT personnel including bottles of water and tea and coffee]
- Should the school cancel, MFT is entitled to retain or receive a 50% cancellation fee calculated on the total value of the invoice.
- Subject to acceptance by MFT, if the School changes the date/time a change of date/time fee of $100 is payable. If MFT cannot comply with the change of date then the request is treated as a cancellation in accordance with the preceding clause. A minor change incurs a $20 per change.
Send us your Expression of interest
Don’t Miss out – dates fill fast!
When confirmed a tax invoice and materials will be issued to your school.
A full kit + technical / performance requirements sheet is available upon request
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS