MFT comes to your school OR
Your school comes to MFT
Performance in French OR English or half + half [bilingual] of rehearsed, costumed and moved readings of sketches and for students of French OR Drama – a success since 2010
Flexible – can be presented as 2, 3 or 4 sketches and in any reasonably accessible venue for students (hall, theatre, sports stadium) OR at our venue
1. IN FRENCH with English surtitles – Suitable for primary (if comprehension level for French or English in the surtitles – is sufficient) and all secondary levels with English surtitles OR
2. IN ENGLISH – All levels
FORM – PERFORMANCE ONLY
MFT actors present the scenes [optional] and then perform them.
Season availability: NOW!
– with notice TERMS 1, 2, 3 and 4 and beyond [the show has been running since 2010]
MFT presents the following short sketches by Georges Courteline – in modern/contemporary adaptation especially for students – your choice of sketches :
2 [30 mins] OR 3 [45 mins] OR 4 [70 mins]*
* approximate times only plus change of scene times
of the following:
- Monsieur Badin – Mr Badin : a public servant who never shows up for work!
- L’Extra-Lucide – the Super Clairvoyant : a sleepwalking fortune teller with a 6th sense!
- Une lettre chargée – A Registered Letter : a letter is trapped by a post office official
- Avant et Après – Before and After : a picnic goes wrong between Marthe and René
Choose from these 4 comic French situations for your students:
- a public service office
- a post office
- a fortune teller’s boudoir
- a picnic outdoors
For up to 5 of your best students, you can opt for them to read/perform the Ovide 1 page role after the performance.
What we provide
- Resumes [free on your first enquiry]
- Teachers’ pack [full kit and technical plan] upon paid booking
- transport of our team to your school [if incursion]
- the costumes and accessories
- 3 Actors from MFT
- 1-2 members MFT Production + Surtitles Crew
What we ask the School to organise [incursion]:
- Venue for show + dressing/preparation area
- Student attendance/management
- Payment in advance
- If an overnight stay is required (regional schools), we do ask for the school to provide meals and accommodation for our team
- Minimal lighting and lapel microphones if needed
- Some refreshment (light meal / drinks) for the team [incursion only]
- Some school furniture
- laptop, projector + screen for English surtitles and pictures
Costings are during the week – weekend rates – to be advised.
Incursion pricing per student from 1 September 2018:
- $15 (metropolitan schools)
- $18 (country schools outside the Melbourne Metropolitan area)
- Teachers / school staff: free
Excursion pricing to our venue from 1 July 2018:
- $20 includes rental of the space
- Teachers / school staff: free
School Booking fee per performance: $20
enquire with AFTV if your school is a member for a subsidy click here
Minimum student numbers per session/booking/performance :
1. in your school : 100 (no maximum) [either $15 or $18 per student – see above] or
2. in our venue : 50 maximum [or payment for 50 students 50 x $20 = $1,000, even if less] + a venue fee to be advised
COST, TERMS + CONDITIONS
Base starting cost is above – MFT will have to quote as required and upon request.
- School Booking fees [separate to the above charges and per workshop/session] are $20
- Extra full show performances on the same day in addition to one, for each = $200
- Invoices issue
- AFTV – enquire with AFTV if your school is a member for a subsidy click here
- The Victorian Multicultural Commission offers funding for schools under Multicultural Festivals and Events or for Cultural Diversity Week events
- Teachers and school staff free
- the school agrees to provide light refreshments [food and drink]
Our Pricing Policy and other terms and conditions apply as follows and other may be advised –
- By making a booking – payment is required in full and your school agrees to abide by our terms and conditions and pricing policy [for school tours and in general] which is on our website at Pricing Policy, except as may be varied in the invoice
- Direct deposit or credit card payments only are accepted. Cheques are no longer accepted.
- There is a $20 booking fee
- No booking is confirmed until receipt of cleared funds in payment
- Schools which pay first receive priority for confirmed bookings
- The school acknowledges that all MFT personnel when attending on school premises are covered by the usual guests and visitors insurances
- The school agrees to provide sandwiches and refreshments to MFT personnel including bottles of water and tea and coffee]
- Should the school cancel, MFT is entitled to retain or receive a 50% cancellation fee calculated on the total value of the invoice.
- Subject to acceptance by MFT, if the School changes the date/time a change of date/time fee of $100 is payable. If MFT cannot comply with the change of date then the request is treated as a cancellation in accordance with the preceding clause. A minor change incurs a $50 per change.
Send us your Expression of interest
Don’t Miss out – dates fill fast!
When confirmed a tax invoice and materials will be issued to your school.
A full kit + technical / performance requirements sheet is available upon request
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS